Thursday, April 27, 2006

My Artist!

I've managed to go three years without a printer at home. But I've started doing some stuff with my church and as a result have found myself running into work at 7:30 - 8:00 AM on some Sunday mornings to print out some stuff. I decided I'd had enough of that... so I finally broke down and got myself a printer.

As usually happens, technology has gotten really cheap in the last three years. So, I got a color copier, scanner, printer unit for under a hundred buck. It's pretty cool.

Yesterday Elizabeth discovered both the black and white and the color copier functions. She made some pretty cool stuff. I've scanned in the work to post here. I'm a bit disappointed with the scan quality, but I think it's because of the work... not the scanner. The colors and textures on her originals are very delicate and I think it was hard for the scanner to pick it up. So, if you like what you see here, you can always ask me to show you the originals. They're a 1000 times better.

What's really cool is that she edits her own work. She did this while I was out. When I got home she handed me the pieces I scaned in below. She was very excited to show me her stuff. When I came up to the office, I found several other versions of this stuff in the garbage. She's not just "playing" -- she's really looking at what she's doing and picking out stuff that is art-like. So without further ado... Enjoy!














PS I did all the scanning and uploading at home last night... but didn't have time to finish the text.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

That's cool ... but did she really sit on the copier?

12:14 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Well, I wasn't there when she did it, so I'm not sure. But I don't think she sat on the copier. If you look at the other ones (hands, foot, and face) you can see the pressure points where her weight was agaisnt the glass. With the jeans there is no pressure points. I'm not sure how she did? It kinda looks like she was just standing next to it or something. I'm really not sure...

4:54 PM  
Blogger [REDACTED] said...

I like the top one the best. It looks cool in a really creepy kind of way, like, what's down there? Why can't she get out? What's going on!?

And I think the jeans are empty, like the shirt. At least it looks that way to me.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home