Friday, April 21, 2006

They Times, They are a Changin'"

Last night I was in a local Barnes and Nobles bookstore. I was browsing through the religious section... I had a couple of books on how to pray in my hands and I was looking for other books that my inspire me to be more worshipful. I spied a book with the title "Sheet Music." I picked it up and without looking at the cover, I just let it flip open.

The topic was oral sex. I smiled, thinking to myself that some kid must have taken this sex manual out of the "relationships" section and read it in the religion section so they could do research without alerting their parents.

I started to put the book back on the shelf when something caught my eye. It was the name "Dr. Dobson." I started to read the back cover a little closer. This book was written by some lackey of Dr. Dobson and was actually condoned by them. "Hmm..." I thought to myself. "I must have mis-read the page I originally opened to. They seemed to think oral sex was a good thing."

I HAD to look a little closer. I was RIGHT! They did like oral sex. They thought it was a good thing. The book was chocked full of tips... everything from different positions to the use of Altoids mints. EEWWW! How racy. Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against some good clean ...er I mean dirty ...er clean ahh.. whatever... I have nothing against some good oral sex. It just gives me the willies that it's now endorsed by Dr. Dobson.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Croghan said...

Surely Sam can somehow work this in to his bit on Sunday.... ;-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger WMS said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA..... HAHAHAHAHAHA... give John Bobson some credit! It has been quite some time since I have read him, but actually he has long been open and practical about such issues. He and Pat Robertson both talk about the things people are asking them... I remember reading about oral sex and masterbation in different books by each of them back in the day. Nude paintings are even endorced by Pat Robertson as "art."

12:48 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

We did this book in our church as sunday school curriculumn ... it was the most embarrasing 8 weeks of my life. My pastor taught it.

Very good stuff ... high quality written ..but oh boy!!!

Geesh!

9:59 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I've been thinking this over. I'm actually very impressed that this book exists. It's refreshing to hear a Christian leader openly say that sex is anything but dirty, shameful and not to be admitted to. (and yet, I am the world's biggest prude, and, contrary to evidence, am a believer in saving it 'til marriage.) It's not quite that black-and-white, though, unfortunately. Topic for another time... However, if you have managed to shut off that part of yourself until marriage -- again, good for you! sincerely -- you likely have no freakin' clue what's going on once you get there.
Also, the fact that it's oral? Cool. Cool that something aside from the very basic act is condoned by a largely respected Christian leader.
Hmmm, have I said too much? :)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home