Saturday, April 14, 2012

Without further ado, I give you a poem by Chippy!


We’re all looking at the clock, three minutes, two minutes.
 
The teacher doesn't realize no one is paying attention.
 
One minuet, my heart skips a beat a grin on my face as I exchange looks with my friend.
 
5. 4. 3. 2. 1. RRIIINNNNGGGGG!!!! 
 
The class shoots up out of their chairs simultaneously
 
Grinning from ear to ear I scurry back to where my backpack is, ripping it off of its hook
 
The front doors bust open as everyone trampling over each other.
 
The hallways flooded, it’s hard to breathe but I push on.
 
And I’m there, in front of the same bus that had brought me to this prison months earlier
 
A few minutes pass, but it feels like hours
 
Summer. Has officially arrived

1 Comments:

Blogger Yapha Mason said...

Fabulous poem!! And I can totally relate to the feelings!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home