Friday, April 13, 2012

For Baby

How can I prove a negative
How can I show you that I won’t leave you behind
I see you tilt your head when I go to work
Your dark brown eyes can’t hide your questions

Sometimes it’s hard to explain why I do the things I do
Like hand you off to that lady in white
I wanted to cry when I saw how you shook
But she brought you back with much needed medicine

I wonder what happened to make you so scared
How many times have you been left behind
How long will it take for your fear to wane
When will your days be without worry

How can I show you that you’re safe
Sometimes I get mad, it’s a part of life
But I’m more often happy you’re here
Actually, ecstatic and blessed with your love

How can I prove a negative
How can I show you that I won’t leave you behind
How can I show you that I love you, too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home