Thursday, April 12, 2012

Heaven

When I was small, I thought heaven held all the answers
Like why does God answer some prayers and not others
And was there a shooter on the grassy knoll (I really did care when I was eight)
Why did God decide to make the sky and the ocean the same color
And why had God made me

I didn’t really care what heaven would be like
Like what would we eat or where would we sleep
As long as God would tell me all the answers
Did Marilyn kill herself or was it conspiracy
Do aliens live on other planets and do they speak English

So now that I’m tall, at least as tall as God made me
I still don’t know all the answers
And I sure do hope that someday God will reveal them
But now when I dream of heaven, I dream of all the people I know there
The family, the friends, and teachers, too
That’s really all I need for heaven to be true

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home