Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sartre said, “hell is other people”
And I know I’ve had days when
Pounding my fists at the sky, I screamed
Hell yes! They certainly are

Misanthropic self-pity is easy
When things don’t go your way
I’ve been there a time or two
Haven’t you

But people are really hell – in the worst way
When you need them so much
Desperate for love
Dependent

You’re left all alone
Fending for yourself
Unprepared, unskilled, and really not ready
Taking a drag off their cigarette, they smirk as you flounder

Of course, that’s not everyone – it’s just one or two
They cut you so deep
It’s hard to know what to do
Pick-up, dust-off, move on to the next

Most people, my friend,
Are as wounded as you
They’re desperate and dependent
And searching for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home