Thursday, July 06, 2006

I can’t wait!

OK, I was doing some research / preparing for an upcoming service at my church. We’re doing a summer series on The Beauty of God. In a few weeks we are going to approach the Beauty of God through the eyes of the children. I decided to start greasing the skids with my own daughter. I figured I’d approach the topic with her and get her creative juices flowing so that in a couple of weeks I might have at least one thing truly worthy of sharing. Well, as it turns out I can’t wait to share what she said…

The conversation started as simplistic and as banal as I expected. Let’s see, she said that she saw the beauty of God in trees and butterflies and flowers and grass and the list went on a little more. Then she stopped. Actually I thought she was done “playing” with me. But instead, she thought for a second, then she said, “You know momma, I see the beauty of God in you.”

“In me?” I was a bit surprised and taken aback by this answer.

“Yeah, I see it in the way you love and the way you take care of me and, you know, like that.” Then she ran off to get a Bratz doll or something. I don’t know what surprises and shocks and stuns me more… The fact that she actually sees the beauty of God in me or the fact that she was able to come up with and express such a philosophical and intangible theory.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Croghan said...

Wow! Cool! :-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger kate said...

What better thing to hear from your child? Ahhhhhhh. :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

out of the mouths of babes! *grin*

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home