Thursday, June 29, 2006

All-time Best Song Parts - My Version

My friend put up a post today. Ever since I read it earlier today it has had me thinking about the list I would put together. So in an effort to make these intrusive thoughts go away, I'm going share my list with you.

So without further ado:

All-time Best Song Parts (Not Necessarily the Whole Song, Just Part of It That Is Really Good. The Rest of the Song Might Suck) According to Liz

1) And the colored girls go Doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo... from Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side

2) The silent beat just before the last Halleluiah in the Halleluiah chorus

3) The way the horns sound like they're saying the words "salt peanuts" in Salt Peanuts.

4) Ok this one is really obvious and really cheap, but I can't help myself... The coda from Layla.

5) The beginning of Rites of Spring

6) The final cord on Sgt. Peppers

7) The intro to Van Morrison's Moondance

8) The middle of Rites of Spring

9) The really angry bridge in Precious Things by Tori Amos

10) The guitar from the beginning of Shaft.

11) The end of Rites of Spring

12) The beginning of Carmina Burana. Yeah, I know it's another cheap, obvious pick. But once in a while popular things are also great things.

13) When the guitar goes, "na-na-na-na-na-na" in Holidays In The Sun by the Sex Pistols.

Oh and this isn't really a musical moment per say, but I always love when we find out that she was a he in Walk on the Wild Side

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yeah, Rites is pretty tough! I have the complete score. I used to have a piano duet... four hands and two pianos, but I think that got lost in some of my more recent moves :( The bass drum is amazing! I love seeing it live, the percussionist work really hard!

As to Firebird... I'm sorry to say I almost always get stuck repeating Rites over and over so I haven't listened to Firebird as much. You know if I'm gonna take out that CD... it's just so hard to pass up Rites.

11:24 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Hooray, I'm actually familiar with some of these!
I don't know what Rites of Spring is, but I must look into it.
Carmina Burana! Most excellent. You know that one's good, because it's so incredibly overused. And yet, still good. The rest of it is one trippy collection of music, man.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home