Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Birthday Blessings

So my birthday just past. Elizabeth really takes celebrating birthday seriously! Frankly, I wasn’t even going to bring up my birthday, but Elizabeth was so wonderful to me, I just have to share. She is amazing!

We decided to observe my birthday on Saturday. While my mom and grandma were still here, we made a day of it.

To my surprise, Elizabeth woke up before I did. She got me up by singing "Happy Birthday" to me. It was so sweet to wake up to her little voice.

Then we went to the movies. I wanted to see Cars, and that was the plan... But it’s hard to get four generations of women moving in the same direction at the same time. As a result we got there late and missed the beginning of it. But as luck would have it, we were just in time to see Nacho Libra; Elizabeth’s first choice.

After the movie we went to The Melting Pot. Yummy fun! If you haven’t been there, it’s a fondue place and is it yummy. I've also come to the conclusion, based on the experience, that we never lose the love for playing with our food. I opted to skip the traditional birthday cake to get some chocolate fondue for desert. After dinner we went home and I got to open my presents.

Now, I figured my celebrations were pretty much over at this point. I didn’t really talk about the fact that Tuesday was my actual birthday... it might have been mentioned once or twice in passing, but I really didn’t make a deal out of it.

Tuesday night I had an appointment and I didn’t have anyplace to leave Elizabeth. So I took a little portable DVD player, got her some take out Burger King and let her hang out in the waiting room. When it was all over and we were leaving she said we had to go to Safeway or Giant. I asked why.

"Because it’s your birthday and I have to buy you a present!"

With the promise of presents I stopped at Giant. She "bought" me a bouquet of flowers, a balloon, a birthday cake, and candles. When we got home she set up the birthday cake in the middle of the living room. She lit all the candles, turned off the lights, and then sang Happy Birthday to me. After I blew out the candles, she did a special birthday cheer for me. She was so cute! My chest almost exploded from all the feelings of pride, wonderment, thanks-giving, joy, happiness, and pride! I am truly blessed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3:13 PM  
Blogger kate said...

That is soooo precious.

5:04 PM  
Blogger WMS said...

That Elizabeth is a real thoughtful girl. :)

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home