Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another one to file under, "What the heck were they thinking???"

I'm a member of Upromise. If you have kids and you haven't joined up at this web site... what are you waiting for??? This is a great deal, it's not a scam, and several different news agencies and investigative reporters have looked into this marketing opportunity and they've all come away saying it's a good deal for both the companies and for the families that participate.

Hey, I didn't get my act together to join until 8/02 (Elizabeth was born 12/99) and I've already earned $446.81 (before earned income) towards her college costs. Hey, that's two or three semesters worth of books and all I've done is my normal shopping... (If you want me to send you a referral to join, just let me know.)

But OK, this isn't a commercial for Upromise. Tonight I was heading out to the Tiffany web site to do some shopping. As is my habit, I do a search on the Upromise web site because if the place were I'm shopping is a member... and I navigate to the shopping site from a Upromise link, I get a percentage of the total sale deposited into Elizabeth's college fund.

So, I went to Upromise and I searched for the merchant "Tiffany". They came back with a little message that said Tiffany wasn't a member, but I might enjoy shopping at Walmart instead.

What WERE they thinking???

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I just realized I should have titled this post, "Breakfast at WalMart"

Be honest, is that funny or am I just really, really punchy?

6:17 AM  
Blogger [REDACTED] said...

Yes it's funny. Both in a non-sequitor Audrey Hepburn related way but also in a disgusting "imagine eating a breakfast that Wal-Mart might serve" kind of way.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

EEW! I didn't even think of actully EATING breafast at a Wal-Mart. I was going at this from the Cat / Miss Gorightry angle.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home