Wednesday, March 07, 2007

C'mon get happy - I've found my true calling

Hello, world, here's the song that I'm singin' - As I mentioned a few days(?) ago, Elizabeth is in love... She is totally obsessed with Nat Wolf from the Naked Brothers Band. Tonight, as we were watching TV, the newer Sprite commercial came on. In case you haven't heard it - David Cassidy as a Partridge is singing the background vocals. Casually I mentioned that the singer was "my Nat." Elizabeth found this amusing and asked to see a picture of David.

In case you're wondering, Elizabeth said, "He's kinda cute, but there's only ONE Nat and he's not nearly as hot as Nat." That statement gave me a bit of a startle, but that's another blog post. As I said, I've found my true calling.

I bet you're wondering what Mr. Cassidy has to do with my calling... Well, tonight, in a moment of pure enlightenment I realized I was being called to the priesthood. Yes, in a matter of a few days and for the measly cost of $100 I can become a priest in The Partridge Family Temple. I'm NOT kidding. I can do this!

The Partridge Family Temple is a religion that is sweeping the universe. Believers accept the characters of the television show the Partridge Family as archetypes who must be incorporated into their personalities. The Temple also worships television as the most powerful force in the universe. How true is that? I mean my life has always been built on the belief that TV and more specifically Keith Partridge is the center of the universe.

You know, some people think this is a joke. They don't take this religion seriously. But I can tell this is truth of all truths. This is the meaning of life. I know, this might seem like a new and radical concept to many people. This truth might challenge you and it might even fall outside your realm of understanding, but believe me -- it makes total sense.

You might be asking yourself why the Partridge Family. What about the Brady Bunch or The Jefferson's. But the answer is simple - while all shows are holy and sacred, the Partridge Family is the most pure example of the mix between Television, Reality, and Spirituality. The Brady Bunch and The Jefferson's are great shows. But they are only shows.

OK, basically the followers of The Partridge Family Temple believe that each of the members of the Partridge Family is a god or goddess. They also believe the each element of the show has archetypal symbolic significance. For example, Shirley is The Mother Earth Virgin Goddess and Keith is The Male Sex God. Laurie is The Whore of Babylon. Danny is The Trickster God, Chris is The Cosmic Drummer, and Tracy is The Virgin Nymph And the bus (yes, even the bus has an important role) the bus is The Spiritual Chariot.

I don't know what this means in terms of my current church. I'll have to find out if I can be a Partridge Family Temple Priest and continue to associate with my less psychedelic friends. There is still a lot to work out - after all, I've just experienced this Epiphany a few hours ago. I just had to share the good new with you. Really, I think I know how Paul felt on the road to Damascus. Except, I've found the one groovy path to true enlightenment and spiritual truth.

Dig it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Oh ...my!!

My Nat ..was Shawn Cassidy. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home