Thursday, May 11, 2006

For dinner this evening, Elizabeth had a Kid's Cuisine frozen dinner... a super deluxe treat in kid-world. As the timer ticked down on the microwave, Elizabeth said we should do "the count down" when the timer got to the 10-second mark.

At 12 seconds she gave me a warning and then we were off, in unison, at the top of our lungs...

10!
9!
8!
7!
6!
5!
4!
3!
2!
1!
Dinner! I yelled alone.

She looked at me for a second. You could tell she was trying really hard to be patient with me. "Mooooom! It's blast-off! Not Dinner." She rolled her eyes, "You know, you really are strange, even for a mom."

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Good sign!!! When my sons were 6 to 8 ..they kept telling me I was strange for a mom ...

now they are telling me I'm an expert mom!!! at 14 and 16!!

They tell me that of all their friends, I'm the 'cool mom' (not the permissive, let them get away with things mom ...but the mom the kids love because they know their loved, and has a sense of humor mom)

It's a good thing she thinks you're strange!

Don't ever become normal! It's so fun to have teenagers who love to be around me!

12:18 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Strange for a mom... Wow. That IS saying a lot. :)
I love these ideas of how the world is. They are so ironclad! Now, in my 30s, I know absolutely nothing. Weird how it goes backwards like that.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home