Thursday, January 05, 2006

EEEWWW!!!

Today I found out something about a woman that I work with. She has a young son -- he's around the same age as Elizabeth. I found out that this woman has sex for money. Not only does she have sex for money, but she has repeatedly had unprotected sex for money with men from the continent of Africa. Now don't get me wrong... I have nothing against men from Africa -- except that the last time I read a newspaper it said something about the number of new cases of AIDS growing the fastest in Africa. And something about Africa having the world's highest rate of HIV infections. And this woman has a young son! Oh, and she doesn't understand why this is a problem. She also doesn't understand why people are concerned for her health.

Excuse me now... I have to go take a shower.

2 Comments:

Blogger WMS said...

wow... I would tell her to give up her child to a relative today, before she's dead, so he can be bonded to someone who will be alive in 2 years.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow - I can't imagine finding that out about someone I was close to. Eeek!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home