Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Are you a true Trekie?

It seems the followers of the true religion Star Trek can't get enough of their leaders. According to MSNBC William Shatner just sold a kidney stone that he passed last fall for $25,000. I really am starting to wonder if this is becoming some kind of religion... after all Christians keep the head of John the Baptist and the Shroud of Turin.

The really funny thing is that Shatner actually negotiated the price -- turning down the buyers opening bid. The good news is that the profits from the sale will go to Habitat for Humanity. The kidney stone is worth 1/2 of a house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

I can't decide ... do I crack up laughing? or sigh over the gross crassness? or be glad over the half a house? or D. all of the above!!! I'm conflicted.

11:44 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Okay, let's be clear about this, though -- the winning bidder (I don't know if there were others) was goldenpalace.com, also proud owners of the Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese sandwich.
I have no idea why they're interested, but it's not like some total dweeb saw a chance to own a piece of Captain Kirk. My desire to clarify this is by no means connected to the fact that I am, in fact, a raging Trekkie. (though we prefer to be called Trekkers, I hear.)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home