Monday, October 24, 2005

How much????



ARG! This is supposed to be happy news… When two people fall in love and want to get married it should be a time of celebration. But not when the bride to be is your au pair! Yes, there is yet another wrinkle in my life… Gaby told me today that she is getting married in either January or February. They haven’t set a date yet… but I think they’re in a hurry.

Sigh.

I have a contract for her services through next July. I thought child care was the one thing I wouldn’t have to worry about. But now it’s all up in the air. I guess the au pair agency will need to find me a replacement … but I still have to do the interviewing and try to figure out if this new person will fit into our life. And I have questions. Does this mean that the new person will only have to stay with us until July? Will I have to get someone new again in the summer?

Oh, but that’s not all… my mom just called. I have two sister-in-laws. Both women are pregnant. Both are due at the end of Dec. / early Jan. Both are pregnant with twins. Both are having one boy and one girl. I’m not making this up. My mom called to tell me that one woman’s water broke – they’re on the way to the hospital. She also said that she can’t contact my other brother and sister-in-law. My mom is one to worry. She’s convinced that they’re at the hospital with a crisis as well.

But wait… there’s more! The ex is sill MIA. Tonight was his phone visit time. I had Elizabeth leave a message on his cell phone. The home phone is still disconnected.

Lest we forget my love life… there is news on that front, too. So I met this guy. There was intense chemistry and energy. Then he gets sent away on some mysterious dangerous adventure …er, I mean, business trip. Now I’m wondering: 1) Is he married? 2) Is he a lunatic? 3) Is he really in danger? 4) Should I care?

Q: What’s this sound, “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PLOP”

A: Liz laughing until her head falls off.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Wow, Liz. I haven't read the most recent posts yet, but you have quite a life, lady!
By the way -- add me to the list of people who would be glad to take Elizabeth off your hands for a few hours sometime if that would be useful. (where do you guys live, anyway?)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home