Wednesday, March 15, 2006

PRAISE GOD!!!


I just got a phone call from the social worker who is handling Elizabeth’s father case. The news is so good I can hardly stand it. They will be transferring her father to the half-way house as early as Friday! How did this happen you ask… Well, Maria (that’s the social worker) negotiated a deal with the state appointed legal guardian for Steve’s mother. The guardian agreed to use some of her funds to pay for the half-way house until the SSDI kicks in. Also, Maria’s supervisor drove Steve to the social security office yesterday and helped him fill out the paper work to get the SSDI started.

This is SUCH a relief. I really didn’t want him to be homeless – for his own sake and for Elizabeth’s sake. Praise God!

I am so grateful for all the helping professionals that finally pulled this off. Also, I’m sending out a big – THANK-YOU! – to all of you that have been praying about this. I know it made a difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Yyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home