Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Surprising Response


Elizabeth is at work with me tonight (see the next post.) And we just had the following exchange.

E: (Playing with my Clara Barton Babble Head Doll) Mom, is Clara Barton still alive?
L: No, she lived during the Civil War times and that was a long time ago.
E: Oh, was that the war with the "Red Coats"?
L: No, the Red Coats were from the Revolutionary War. In the Civil War they had Blue Coats and Gray Coats.
E: I like the Revolutionary War with the Red Coats better.
L: (Thinking she already knew the answer) So, do you like that war better because of the fashion?
E: (Starting to gallop around my office) No. I like to yell, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" I like Paul Revere best.

Well, I'm just going to hang my head for being so shallow and slink away now.

2 Comments:

Blogger [REDACTED] said...

Wait, how old is Elizabeth? Isn't she in kindergarten? She knows about the Redcoats? And the British? And Paul Revere?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yup! She's in kindergarten. (Mom puffs up with pride ;-) )

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home